Health & Safety
A Team With An Excellent Health & Safety Record
At DTI, safety is an integral part of our psyche. From the beginning of the design phase through to the completion of the project, detailed attention is given to maintaining an employee attitude that fosters attention to safety.
Safety awareness includes maintenance of equipment and vehicles as well as careful housekeeping practices at the job site. Working with consultants and RPs, the development of Site Specific Health & Safety Plans (SSH&SP), JSAs or AHAs are designed and implemented with detailed input from our hands-on field operations personnel. Daily “tailgate” sessions are designed to keep safety foremost in everyone’s mind.
DTI employees are given:
- 40-hour OSHA Hazwoper training
- 8-hour OSHA refresher training specified at 29 CFR1910.120
- OSHA Employee Right-To-Know Hazard Communication (2 DFR 1910.1200)
- OSHA requirements for selection and use of personal protective equipment (29 CF 1910.132)
- Training in Department Of Transportation requirements for transportation of hazardous materials (49 CFR 172.700).
- SafeLand and SafeGulf training
- OSHA Supervisor Training
This discussion summarizes DTI’s minimum safety qualifications. Each project requires a case-by-case review of particular safety issues. Therefore, DTI will work with the project team to develop a site-specific Health And Safety and Pre-Mobilzation Plan, Job Safety Analysis (JSA) and Equipment Checklist for each project.
Our EMR rating of 0.92 validates how engrained ‘safety’ is in the DTI culture.
All Carriers Rated A & Above
- Automobile Liability – A++ (Superior)
- Commercial General Liability – A+ (Superior)
- Pollution Liability – A+ (Superior)
- Professional Liability A+ (Superior)
- Umbrella Liability A+ (Superior)
- Workman's Compensation (coverage statutory for each state in which DTI operates) – A (Excellent)
- Provides a Certificate of Insurance upon request
In addition to the above policies, DTI also:
Will provide additional insurance coverage if required for specific projects. (The premium for additional coverage will be factored into the cost of the job.)