What is Cool-Ox® Mud-Buster?
- A process to treat drill cuttings
- The first partial oxidation reaction creates amphiphilic (surfactants) molecules that facilitate the movement of water through the contaminated soil matrix.
- The reduction in surface tension is phenomenal; from 74 dynes/cm (clear water) before treatment to 34 (surface tension of a saturated soap solution) after treatment.
- If the material dries out after Cool-Ox® treatment, it doesn’t matter, the soap is still there and activated as the soil is wetted by rain water or artificially from wells.
- The oxidation process may cease if the oxidizer is spent, but the bio factor should restart when the soil is again wetted.
Cool-Ox® Mud-Buster Reduces
- The Need for Off-Site Disposal
- Trucking Costs
- Turn Around Time to apply the cuttings for land application
- Man-power required
- Handling Costs
- Allows for the ability to receive more cuttings per week increasing Total Revenue